Re: SV: Z39.50 on the web (and in print)

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth@liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:04:31 +0000 (GMT)
To: Rob Bull <bull@crxnet.com>
cc: <www-zig@w3.org>

> well of course - if profiles were rigorously used you could argue that
> we dont need explain anyway - "just look it up in the profile". But
> again, full profile compliance wont ever happen either (synicism or
> reality ?).

You would still need at least minimal explain to say which profile was
being used?

And for databases without a profile (I have a Z database of collectable
card game cards... I won't waste everyone's time trying to get the
attributes accepted into BIB1, let alone accept a Profile for it!)
you still need Explain of some form.

Rob S.

--
      ,'/:.          Rob Sanderson (azaroth@liverpool.ac.uk)