Re: Z39.50 on the web (and in print)

From: Ashley Sanders <zzaascs@irwell.mimas.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:20:43 +0000
To: www-zig@w3.org
Mike Taylor wrote:

> What's needed is (of course) some metadata concerning each Z39.50
> server that tells the potential user _what_ is there

You're describing Explain unless I'm mistaken.

> (e.g. what application domain it serves,

in Database-Info in either "A list of keywords for the database" or
"A decsription of the database, in human readable text".

> how many records it has)

also in Database-Info

> as well as _how_ it's accessed (attributes to use in searches, etc.)

TermList-Info/TermList-Details

(Did I miss some irony somewhere?)

Ashley.

--
Ashley Sanders                                a.sanders@mcc.ac.uk
COPAC: A public bibliographic database from MIMAS, funded by JISC