Re: EAD?

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth@liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:13:55 +0000 (GMT)
To: ZIG listserv <www-zig@w3.org>

> Using Z39.50 it's possible to retrieve collection level cataloging records
> that contain links to EAD finding aids.  These finding aids can be
> retrieved and viewed using a Web browser and SGML viewer (e.g.,
> Panorama).

Try:  host:  www.archiveshub.ac.uk Port: 1212 DB: eadhub

set recsyntax to GRS1, XML or SGML -- we don't support automatic
conversion to MARC at the moment. (As it's debatable as to what would be
the 'correct' transformation for a lot of things)

Try a title search for 'paper' or 'collection' for example.

Present will retrieve the full EAD XML record.

Also available is elementset TPGRS which returns just the title and a
document identifier, useful for creating title lists from a seach. As the
name implies, you should use GRS1 recsyntax for this.

Hope that helps,

Rob

--
      ,'/:.          Rob Sanderson (azaroth@liverpool.ac.uk)