2 simple questions (?)

From: Pieter Van Lierop <pvanlierop@geac.fr>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:35:42 +0100
To: ZIG <www-zig@w3.org>
Dear zig-gers,
2 simple question but I did not find the answers on the Z39.50 pages:

1. normalized name
Is there a concensus about what a normalized name should be? (Structure
attribute 106 "name (normalized)")
The standard says nothing about this.
The bath profile references the ATS-1 profile which references AACR2 rules.
(http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/agency/profiles/ats.html)

Maybe we should make an implementor agreement that it should be:
<LastName>,<FirstName>
with 0 or more spaces between <LastName> and comma, and between comma and
<FirstName>

2. what is correct server behavior in a boolean operation when one part of
the operation results in a diagnostic?
Example:
search 1003 jones = 40 hits
OR
search 1004 jones = Unsupported Use attribute.

Should the server reply with a non-surrogate diagnostic saying Unsupported
Use Attribute or should it say: 40 records found.

Pieter van Lierop
Geac