CQL Relation (Re: Version 1.0 of SRW and CQL)

Archie Warnock wrote:

> semantics are useless if the syntax doesn't permit them.  That is to say,
> leaving discussion of relations to the geospatial community is fine as long
> as CQL syntax permits them to be specified at all.  I just didn't see any
> way to generalize the relations beyond those given in the CQL spec, which
> really limits its utility.  Is that intentional?

Well, yes, but the intention was not to limit the utility or inhibit the
applicability of the protocol but rather to cover known and expressed
requirements from committed implementors. We've been discussing this on the
(private) implementors list, and if you would designate a point of contact from
the geo community we'll work with you to accomodate your requirement.
--Ray