Re: ZING : Implementing SRW

> Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:57:08 +0100
> From: "Matthew Dovey" <matthew.dovey@las.ox.ac.uk>
>
> This is an area which we need to flesh out more (and I've argued
> this with Ralph in the past). The current CQL is very much based
> around textual queries which I've argued against. However, apart
> from myself (who need to support audio and music queries) and now
> ARTISTE there does not appear to be many sending non-textual queries
> in Z39.50 (if there are please shout up!).

(I read that as "shut up" at first :-)

Well, Les Wibberly seems to have gone quiet on this list, but at CAS
(the Chemical Abstracts Service), he uses the Type-1 query to perform
searches for ten-thousand-node chemical formulae.  You'd have to go to
him for details, though.

)_v__/\  "I'm not sure exactly what your question is, but that will
	 not stop me from attempting to answer it" -- Robert J. Stone.