Proposed change to Bib-2 and Utility Attribute Sets

From: LeVan,Ralph <levan@oclc.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:54:17 -0400
I propose, as a result of discussions at the April ZIG meeting, that
attributes that were created for the Bib-2 Attribute Set should be combined
and moved to the Utility Attribute Set.

Specifically, Bib-2 defines a Format/Structure attribute of SetOfWords and
Expansion/Interpretation attributes of AdjacentWords, AllTheseWords and
AnyOfTheseWords.  I propose that they be removed from Bib-2 and replaced
with Format/Structure attributes in the Utility Attribute Set of
AdjacentWords, AllTheseWords and AnyOfTheseWords.

The original intent was to duplicate the Bib-1 Structure attribute of
WordList and specify the kind of WordList through Expansion/Interpretation
values.  I claim that there is no need to separate these two attributes and
that they should be combined to create three Format/Structure attributes.

Ralph