Re: Revised Holdings XML Schema v7

I'm afraid I haven't looked at this proposal closely before, but now that I
have I need to say that I think it stems from a misunderstanding of the
Holdings Schema.

For those who haven't looked, the proposal says that "It is not possible to
express more than one level for a BibPart.  An example:  One BibPart is
volume 5, issue 2. You can only express volume 5 or issue 2 with version
1.1. And it is a normal requirement to have several levels to present for
one BibPart."

However, BibPart is recursively defined.  That is, one BibPart can contain
child BibParts.  The intention of this is that a BibPart describes itself at
its own level and contains its children at lower levels.  The example would,
therefore, be expressed as a BibPart for volume 5 containing a child BibPart
for issue 2.  Each of these parts may contain additional information
pertaining to itself.  It is thus not "a normal requirement to have several
levels to present for one BibPart".  The "normal requirement" is that a
BibPart at any level may have several child BibParts, each of which may have
children of their own.

The proposal suggests remedying the defect by adding two new elements to
BibPart:  childEnumeration and childChronology.  Since I don't believe there
is a defect, I don't think there is any need for a remedy.

J.