Re: ZNG dicussion

> Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:40:48 +0200
> From: Pieter Van Lierop <pvanlierop@geac.fr>
>
> Query language
> --------------
> Zeeman is against leaving RPN.
> CCL is English based and especially difficult to use in a non-ASCII
> character set (Bull).

I would just like to say, concerning ZNG, that I think this initiative
to develop a standardised human-readable but powerful query language
is a very useful one, which has applications both inside and outside
ZNG.

The current alternatives are all rather unpalatable for various
reasons, but if we could come up with something that captures the full
expressiveness of the Type-1 query in a form that mortals can use,
then that would be a real achievement of lasting value.

)_v__/\  "Schuh's book is very good, but [...] some of us would apply
	 his definition of `definition' to `diagnosis', and would
	 `define' on descent" -- Chris Brochu.