Amendment to Holdings Schema .................................... ..........J.nr. 331-4

To the ZIG-list

On ZIG meeting last week our Proposed Amendment to Holdings Schema of 11th
September 2001 was discussed.

It was decided to give a month respite for comments before Maintenance
Agency approve the proposal or not.

On the ZIG-list Joe Z. comment it 27 September 2001. He's point was that
BibPart is already recursively defined and that the reason for not approving
the proposal.

It is correct that BibPart is already recursively defined. We have discussed
the possibility to use this approach.
We have realised some problems with this model. We will then need special
Danish profiling of Holdings to reflect when a BibPart-structure reflect
several issues - and when is reflect a single issue.

If a single issue have the attributes:
Vol 5, year 2001, issue 15, month May, week 8

With BibPart recursively defined you can do it with 3 or 5 BibParts.
Only Enumeration and Chronology will be different for the 3 or 5 BibParts -
all other tags will reflect the same information.
It will make it very complicated and a profiling question to handle.

Our proposal:

Make Enumeration and Chronology recursive.

One BibPart
Enumeration with one childEnumeration for Vol 5 and issue 15
Chronology with two childChronology for year 2001, month May and week 8

Best regards

Leif Andresen
Secretary danZIG
Danish National Library Authority