Re: Init is dead?

"LeVan,Ralph" wrote:

> Wow!  Was my argument for making Init optional so persuasive that you're all
> convinced and it is now a dead subject?

Yes as a matter of fact I'm prepared to support the idea, based both on your
reasoning and Bob's.  Re-evaluating my earlier argument, the case for
encapsulation is that when you actually do need Init, encapsulation enables
single-round-trip. However, I'm prepared to concede that my agrument that
encapsulation means that you should include Init even when you don't need it was
overstated.

Note of course, when we're talking about making Init optional, we're talking
about version 4.

--Ray
--
Ray Denenberg