ZING home page

From: Ray Denenberg <rden@loc.gov>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:18:13 -0500
To: zig <www-zig@w3.org>
ZING, "Z39.50-International: Next Generation"
(formerly ZNG) has a home page now:
http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/

The ZING pages are not fully developed and we hope
to provide more information over the next several
weeks (following the holidays).

Implementation of ZING, specifically, the SRW/SRU
component,  is open to anyone who wishes to
implement an SRW/U client, server, toolkit, etc.
We're maintaining a listserv for implementors, a
private list, but I will subscribe anyone who
tells me that they plan to implement.  Right now
some of the specifications are under debate on
that list, and if you become an implementor then
you may participate in that discussion (with
access to the archive).

--Ray