RE: about upload function

Look at the DatabaseUpdate ExtendedService.  Also look at the Union Catalog
Profile developed in New Zealand/Australia.
http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/agency/profiles/ucp.doc.  They provide great
detail on how to do remote cataloging.  I believe we at OCLC are using some
subset of it to host our own Z39.50 based cataloging.

Ralph