RE: Z39.50 Java Bean

Ralph,

You could try looking at http://dev.lib.ox.ac.uk:8080 but you would see
anything more there than yet another web gateway!

But behind the scenes this is running on TomCat, a java server from the
Apache community which supports Java Server Pages. The Z39.50 connection is
handled by a java bean which is accessed via the JSP pages. I'm also looking
into whether I can use the ActiveX bridge to embed the bean as a ActiveX
control for use in ASP pages.

This is definitely a first run of the bean (it can only handle conjunctive
queries for example) but we start a project next month based around this, so
if you (or anyone else) wants to compare notes, drop me a line.

Matthew J. Dovey
R&D Manager
Oxford University Libraries Automation Service