Re: specifying fonts when latin and complex scripts are mixed together.

From: Tony Graham <tgraham@antenna.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:55:55 +0000
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
>     To be doubly certain, you could add
>     'font-selection-strategy="character-by-character"' [2] so each character
>     is considered individually, but I couldn't get it to make any difference
>     in this example.
>
> this feature isn't implemented in FOP

It is in AH Formatter, which is what I was using:

https://www.antennahouse.com/product/ahf64/ahf-fo11.html#font-selection-strategy

But, as above, it made no difference in this case. It looks like SimSun
covers the ASCII/halfwidth range of characters so, with or without
'font-selection-strategy="character-by-character"', 'Arial, SimSun'
produces the desired result and 'SimSun, Arial' produces all SimSun
glyphs.  See attached.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
--
Senior Architect
XML Division

arial-simsun.png
(image/png attachment: arial-simsun.png)