Re: Using Embed fonts while printing

Sorry, as I maybe sent erroneously the message, I resend it.

Fausto

==
Dear Daniel,

I agree with the answer of Dave. However, I will try to add something else.

First of all, update your fop program. Current version is 2.1.Download at
https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/
If you use the old 1.1 version, you will experiment  a lot of already
solved problems.
As far as I know, the last versions provided self-configuring procedures to
load fonts.

Doing it manually instead, you have to put the fonts in the lib directory
and then build the font-metrics xml file, using a java utility.
As last step, it's necessary to declare the fonts as embedded in the
configuration file (generally fop.xconf in the conf directory).

The last problem however (to be perfect, when your fonts are generally not
used by all people) is that you have to declare the option pdf-a to get
portable fonts (not dependent on the locally installed fonts, i.e. in a pc
of another user). The file will be more huge but all people will visualize
the same content.

I agree, all this is not exactly user-friendly.... but it works.

Best regards,

Fausto

==
Fausto Passariello
Vascular  Surgeon
Editor of JTAVR
Journal of Theoretical and Applied Vascular Research
Online ISSN 2532-0831
DOI: 10.24019/issn.2532-0831 <https://doi.org/10.24019/issn.2532-0831>
Fondazione Vasculab ONLUS, Napoli, Italy.
www.vasculab.eu