Re: Table overflows block

From: Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 23:27:46 +0200
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
Hi Indrek,

the result is consistent with the spec. For example, padding-left on an
fo:block grows to the left of start-indent (which is 0 here throughout
the example), therefore overflowing the reference area generated by the
table-cell.

If I were you, I'd move the padding to the table-cell and the
background-color to the table-row. That should give you the result that
you expect.

Or you need to set start-indent to the same value as padding-left, and
end-indent to the same value as padding-right. But that's awkward.

Another possibility is to use margin="0cm" to the inner fo:block. That
triggers a "CSS compatibility" formula (XSL 1.1, chap 5.3.2).

The AH example by Ken is curious. AH also paints the background outside
the border but under it. You have to look closely since the gray is
quite close to white. It's as if AH always paints backgrounds first and
borders later, even though the fo:block is child of the outer fo:block
with the border.

On 25.10.2011 22:08:09 G. Ken Holman wrote:
> At 2011-10-25 23:04 +0300, Indrek Siitan wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> > > I hope this helps, though I don't know what to advise about your
> > FO processor.
> >
> >Doesn't really :)
> >
> >Running FOP Version 0.95.
>
> With Antenna House and Ibex there are is no overwrite.  RenderX gives
> the same overwrite you see.
>
> I don't use FOP.
>
> Good luck.

Best regards,
Jeremias Märki
Jeremias Märki, Software-Development and Consulting
Contact Information: http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/contact.html
Blog: http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/blog/