Re: block-progression-dimension clarification (sorry for long post)

From: Giuseppe Briotti <g.briotti@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 19:46:29 +0200
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
Thanks Ken for your response. This is the core problem:

> > 2. What I'm missing?
>
> There is no vertical justification in XSL-FO 1.1, this you cannot stretch
> vertical content to be anything at all ... it is what it is.

So probably the best (or the less worst :-D ) approach can be the following:

1. evaluate the length of the raw text to be put in the cell.
2. because the font is always the same, with some tests it is possible
to create a simple (and not perfect) rule: number of chars -> stimated
cell height
3. adjust the stimated celle height accordingly to the required height
of the whole table

I will try it.

BTW I run your FO on FOP 0.95 and I noticed some difference. I
attached the pdf. Some considerations:

1. because of the available space (the text can flow in a new line)
the ladder is *always* rendered at optimum size (what spec states
about this?)
2. the dotted float doesn't work
3. the graphics seems thin in FOP
4. the FOP PDF file is double in size