Re: problem with deciding whether to or not to print heading on last page : xsl-fo

On Tue, March 15, 2011 5:33 am, Arun Vijay wrote:

> Hi i have a problem with pdf generation using xsl-fo. The pdf print
> invoice
> lines in each page. So there is a conditional checking at the last page to
> determine whether to or not to print the heading on last page. If there is
> one or more lines in the last page then there should be a heading.
> Otherwise
> not.
>
> currently it is done using the logic below
>

> if(total number of invoice lines== preceding::number of invoice lines+1)
> {
>  call an empty marker
> }
> else
> {
> call a marker which prints the heading
> }
>

> when preceding number of invoice lines+1 is equal to total number of
> invoice
> lines, heading will not be displayed. The logic holds true when there is
> no
> more lines to be displayed in the last page or when the number of lines in
> last page is greater than one.
>
> Now the problem is,
>
> the above logic fails when there is only one line in the last page.
>
> The condition if(total number of invoice lines==preceeding::number of
> invoice lines+1) will become true and an empty marker will be called which
> will not display the heading. I need to display the heading even if there
> is
> only one invoice line in the last page.
>
> Is there any way to solve this problem?

I fear that I am not understanding the issue, but what happens if you
remove the '+1'?

For that matter, why is there a test at all?  I.e., can every line always
include the marker?

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2