Re: XSLFO WYSIWYG designer

From: Tony Graham <tgraham@mentea.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 20:39:03 +0100 (IST)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
On Wed, June 8, 2011 5:38 pm, ricky_leo wrote:
> I am trying to create XSLFO WYSIWYG designer which is more suitable to my
> requirements. Could anyone of you suggest an appropriate UI framework with
> which I will be able to achieve this?
> Note: It is really important to have it as WYSIWYG. I am planning to have
> the final output format as PDF using Apache FOP.

Have you looked at FOA [1]?  The project itself appears dead, but it may
give you some ideas of what to do or not do.

A UI framework based on Java Swing/Java2D/AWT would be the most natural
fit since you could then use FOP's AWTRenderer [2] so you can show the
formatted pages in the UI or, if you are making a transform designer
rather than styling single documents, with some more work you could do
things like make FOP render images of page masters as you modify their

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] http://foa.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FopAndJava2D