Re: Space in Barcode font

From: Martin Abbott <martin.abbott@uk.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 06:58:25 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

After reading about this a bit more it would appear as though a space is a
valid character in Code 39 barcodes so should be rendered. Indeed using the
installed font in Wordpad generates a readable barcode with a space encoded
and then read back successfully without any problems.

I've found a font that does what you suggested and has the space character
moved to "~" and I've tried a different engine but still no joy
unfortunately.

Any other thoughts?