Positioning blocks with dynamic height

From: Fernando Israel <kognoz@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:49:52 -0200
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
Hi All,

I have what are conceptually three container "blocks" in a page, which
should be positioned one right after the other following the top-to-bottom
direction. Say they are called block A, B, C. These blocks extend in the
horizontal direction the whole width of the page.

-------------------
|                      |
|         A           |
|                      |
-------------------
|                      |
|         B           |
|                      |
-------------------
|                      |
|         C           |
|                      |
-------------------

Blocks A and C contain other blocks (<fo:block>) that should be positioned
relative to their enclosing container. Block B only contains a table which
has a variable number of rows, so depending on the number of rows, the
height of block B will vary.

What we need to achieve is to get block C right underneath block B (stacked)
and the blocks inside C be positioned relative to the top of block C.

Is this possible with XSL-FO ?.

I have been searching the web for some reading material on the matter but
could not find any. Perhaps somebody could send us a pointer to some source
?

Thank you very much in advance,

Fernando