Re: In XSL-FO conditionally add Pdf as last page to make page-count even

On Thu, Dec 31 2009 06:29:48 +0000, Reshma.Raveendran@morganstanley.com wrote:
> I'm using FO to generate Pdf's and one of the requirements is to always
> generate even number of pages. If the page count is odd then I need to add a
> static Pdf to make it even. How can this be done using FO. Please help!

Use 'force-page-count="end-on-even"' [1] on every fo:page-sequence if
every page-sequence has to end on an even page or on the last
fo:page-sequence if it's just the entire PDF that has to end on an even
page.

You can specify which page master to use for the added page using
fo:conditional-page-master-reference with appropriate property values,
e.g.:

   <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
      master-reference="..."
      page-position="last"
      odd-or-even="even"
      blank-or-not-blank="blanK"/>

although you probably only need 'blank-or-not-blank="blank"' for what
you want.

If you do need to put an externally generated PDF on the otherwise blank
page, some XSL formatters can use PDF as fo:external-graphic source, and
you could put that as static content in one of the page regions.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#force-page-count