Re: Dynamic page headers in XSL FO

From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:59:31 -0500
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
At 2010-12-22 02:43 -0800, BLAYKM wrote:
>I have a very strange requirement. I need to generate a dynamic report along
>these lines.
>First i have a page with a header and a body with dynamic data. Now the
>dynamic data can span several pages with same header. Now when the dynamic
>data rows are finished i need to do a page break and repeat the same process
>again in the new page, this time with a new header. This repetition can
>occur 1..to..n times. Is this possible using XSL FO.

You can add break-before="column" to each of your <table> elements
... this will ensure that each table begins at the top of a column
(which on a 1-column page is at the top of the page).  Each table
will have its own header.  Each table's rows will contain your
"dynamic data" (if I have correctly interpreted your use of the term).

I hope this helps.

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/