Re: rec 1.1 7.7.4

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:57:22 -0500
To: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Cc: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@menteithconsulting.com>, www-xsl-fo@w3.org
On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 11:38 +0000, Dave Pawson wrote:
[...]
> Understood. So to understand the semantics I need to
> understand those used in CSS 2?

XSL-FO 1.0 was indeed based on CSS Level 2, as was 1.1.

It's always hard to know what background to assume of a
reader; the specs are primarily written for implementors,
although for my own part I would like to see a lot more
consideration given to technical writers, bloggers, and
people rolling out projects using the specifications.

Most of the XSL-FO properties are of course shared with CSS,
and often the XSL-FO specifications defer to CSS for the
full formal definitions.  Hence the table of properties in
the back of the spec, of course...

Liam