Re: Schema noise.

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 10:20:08 -0500
To: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Cc: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 14:49 +0000, Dave Pawson wrote:
[...]
>   When I want editor help to write an fo file
> I don't want all the inheritance elements presented.

Note, XSL-FO isn't really intended as an authoring format.

[...]
> Hence the two phase schema.
> First use: Write the fo file without the noise.
> Second: to make use of the noise to add the inheritable properties.

I'll be interested to know how effective you find this in practice.
For sure we could publish (or link to) such a thing from the W3C site
if it's useful to people, as long as it's clear it's not part of the
specification of course.

(and for 2.0 there's the possibility of giving more attention to
direct authoring rather than relying only on XSLT, although the
Working Group has very limited resources...)

Liam