referring to a page number on last page (when last page is blank)

From: Arian <armyofda12mnkeys@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:16:44 -0400
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
(btw using fop trunk)
So I have a lastpage id put on a blank fo:block at the end of the last
page-sequence Im creating ... but its showing up as the real count but
minus 1, for certain situations my xsl creates (but i want those
situations, as i want to use page-position="last")...

So I have a larger static-content footer which shows up on the last
page of each page-sequence, so imagine looping through student nodes
and on each of their last pages a footer is displayed with a large
'Parents Comments:' block added (this is set via
<fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="last")... So when
there is just enough content that pushes the footer out onto a new
page, the last page is blank since it was just enough flow content to
create a new page, but not enough to actually put any content on the
last page (hence the blank page for each page-sequence Im creating
where the content flows like this )...

So basically the <fo:block id="lastpage"></block> i think is with the
flow content on the page before the last blank page... and the total
page count turns out minus 1 in certain situations. Is there any
solution to this? I was hoping a property like  <fo:block
id="lastpage" putThisEmptyBlockOnTheNextPageIfOneIsAvailable="true"></block>
 haha.

-Thanks for any suggestions,
Arian