Re: Push body content lower based on overflow in before region

From: Arian <armyofda12mnkeys@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:50:54 -0400
To: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@menteithconsulting.com>
Cc: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
Cool, thanks for feedback Tony.
No big deal, I can always move the headline to the top of body region
if 'multiple lines' are needed for that variable text.
When xslfo 2.0 implemented in future, would be nice if 'two objects'
can be two side by side regions and not just two side by side things
like blocks/lists/tables (which Im guessing may be what 'objects'
refers to in that link).

But if 2.0 does include support for regions... then seems like only
thing most people would want to use it for is the situation where
static header or footer content overflows, and region
body will get pushed down or up to accommodate it, and body text when
flowing moves further to next page if this situation applies (since
region-body has contracted).
Basically this would be a min-height or min-extent property I think on
<fo:region-before/after>'s.
[Dont think anyone would need support for overflowing left/right
(start/end) regions since whatever is in left/right regions, just goes
onto the next line].

-Arian