RE: Alpha and Beta Print

From: Gabriel Birke <Gabriel.Birke@delti.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:12:59 +0200
To: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>
Hello,

The problem here is that the font you are using (probably some builtin
sans-serif font) has no glyph for the alpha and beta characters. RenderX
recognizes this and replaces the char with a # sign. You have two
possibilities here:

1.

	use a font for all of your text that has the matching unicode glyphs
in it. For arrows, we had good results with Lucida Grade Sans coming with
the default Java installation. See
http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/fonts.html for reference.
2.

	use a dingbats font that contains the chars and replace the alpha
and beta chars with the chars theat produce the correct chars in this font.
You will need to surround them with <inline> elements that switch to font
for the particular char.

Greetings,

Gabriel

  _____