Re: conditional page break

It's a bit difficult from your description how exactly the rules should
be but you should look at the "keep-together.within-column" property.
That allows you to keep blocks together and (using integer values) even
define relative strengths that allow a formatter to keep blocks together
or still break them if absolutely necessary. I assume you were
experimenting with break-before/break-after but that can only be used
for hard breaks. Coming from the other direction (keeps) might be your
solution. HTH

http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#keepbreak
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#keep-together

On 20.10.2009 16:55:49 Tamsin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find a way to conditionally start a new page within a PDF.
> Basically, if block A fits on one page, even with space remaining, block B
> should start on a new page. But if block A runs onto the next page, block B
> should start straight after block A.
>
> I can't see a way to do this - I first looked into comparing the page
> numbers, but obviously you can't do this at the XSL step of the process.
> Wondered if anyone can suggest a solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Tamsin

Best regards,
Jeremias Märki
Jeremias Märki, Software-Development and Consulting
Contact Information: http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/contact.html
Blog: http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/blog/