Re: fo:inline border question

On Thu, Mar 05 2009 12:37:18 +0000, taciodomingos@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have reproduced the problem I have in a much smaller scale. I have something
> like the code below. When using Antenna House Formatter the fo:inline elements
> containg the text "text2" are not vertically aligned because the second one is
> surrounded by an aditional fo:inline element. I have tried using different
> types of settings for the additional fo:inline but have been unable to get the
> texts aligned.
>
> At this point I do not know if it is an Antenna House implementation issue. I
> have read the spec but have been unable to understand whether it should be
> possible to have an inline free of borders/margins/spaces. Should it be
> possible?

If I understand you correctly, the answer would be "yes".  I.e., you
don't need to specify border, etc., on every fo:inline.

I hope you've already solved this by now, but have you tried 1pt of
padding on the fo:inline with the first "text2"?  See the figure at [1]
to see how padding is "inside" the borders.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#area-stackblock