Exception on Unavailable Image

From: Conan Cook <Conan.Cook@uwe.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:32:41 +0100
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
Dear XSL-FO Folk,

I'm constructing a PDF which uses an external graphic (using the
fo:external-graphic tag), and I'd like the entire transform to fail if
the image is not available.  Does anyone know of a way to make this
happen?  I've checked the source of
org.apache.fop.fo.flow.ExternalGraphic.java, and found that in the
bind() method there's a comment appearing as a placeholder (in the
latest fop-0.94, line 82) for where an exception could be thrown that
says:

//TODO Report to caller so he can decide to throw an exception

Now if I change this to throw a FOPException at that point, it behaves
as I need it to, but I'd rather not have to have a local modification of
the source if there's a better way of handling it.  Without that change,
it just logs an error and carries on.

I'm using:

fop-0.94 (although I've tried 0.95 too)
Java 1.5.0_11

Thanks,

Conan Cook
Senior Applications Developer
Academic Technologies Group (ATG)
University of the West of England
Frenchay Campus
Bristol BS16 1QY

email: conan.cook@uwe.ac.uk
telephone: 01173 281 053

This email was independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software and none were found