Intelligent page-breaking

From: Eirik Haver <e.haver@betradar.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 12:52:09 +0200
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
Hello. I have the following scenario which I am unable to figure out:

Scenario:
In a document I have 3 elements (for me tables) that "belong together"
(In context). These 3 tables are generated by a script and can have a
variable amount of rows.

Problem:
- If table 1 has the length of half a page, and table 2 have the length
of 3/4 a page. Table 2 will be split showing some contents on the same
page as table1 and some on the next.

Wanted result:
- If a table can not fit on the space that is left on a page - move it
to the next page. (Should also apply if the table is larger than 1 page)
- If a table can fit on the space that is left on a page - keep it there.

I have looked into the keep-together ability but have not been able to
achieve the wanted result.

Processor: Apache Fop 0.95 (However if this is not possible with apache
fop but in another processor please let me know)

Very gratefull for any input on this =)

--
Eirik Haver