Re: How to mix portrait and landscape in one document

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:43:31 +0000
To: roger@senanque.co.nz
Cc: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

2009/1/27 Roger Parkinson <roger@senanque.co.nz>:

> This is how I got it to work (and I'm happy to hear if there is a smarter
> way, of course).
>         <xsl:template match="landscape">
>             <xsl:text
> disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[</fo:flow></fo:page-sequence>]]></xsl:text>

There has to be a better way than this.
This is XML hackery pure and simple Roger.

XSLT and XSL-FO work with trees, not hacked up text.

If you sort out your source file (consider working one level higher)
then perhaps you could write a set of elements and attributes
as you have, but without the hackery?

I.e. your match on landscape should produce well formed XML?

Dave Pawson
Docbook FAQ.