Re: fop on windows

From: Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:33:15 +0200
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

The trouble is that some XSLT implementations don't properly provide
location information for the output elements they generate. Therefore,
FOP cannot tell you where the problem happens (FOP just receives a
series of SAX events). You can work around that by generating the XSL-FO
file in a first step and then run that through FOP. FOP will then give
you the information where exactly you have an empty table-cell. Of
course, you then have to track that back into your XSLT stylesheet. HTH.

On 03.10.2008 22:51:46 Sheldon Glickler wrote:

> I hope this is the right place.  Please point me elsewhere if it is not.
>
> I downloaded and extracted the fop (95) onto my windows machine.  When I run
>
> fop -c config.xml -xml s.xml -xsl s.xsl -pdf s.pdf
>
> I get that table-cell is missing child elements and it dies with a stack
> trace.  It doesn't say where it is missing or what is missing.
>
> When I run this on my companies unix box, it works fine.  It does give
> some warnings about columns, but it produces a proper pdf file.
>
> The config.xml is the same on both systems, as are the s.xsl and s.xml.
>   My OS is XP.
>
> It would be much more convenient for me to develop on my local machine
> as the company's is behind a firewall accessible only via vpn.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Jeremias Maerki