Re: Specifying source region for fo:external-graphics

On Mon, Nov 03 2008 17:56:17 +0000, sl@aquin.com wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to embed single pages of a pdf-document into a
> xsl-fo-document. This can be done with the fo:external-graphic. However, I
> want to embed only a part of the pdf-page. Is there a way to specify the
> region of the source-image (or pdf-page in my case) that should be embedded?

No.

It is in the current XSLT 2.0 requirements draft [2].

If it, or any other aspect of the requirements, is important to you, you
should complete the requirement survey [3] so the XSL FO subgroup can
gauge what is important to people.

> Or is it possible to preprocess the pdf I want to embed in some way so that
> the parts of the page I don't want to embed are croped?

There's probably lots of ways.  The one that I am most familiar with is
"convert" from the ImageMagick project [1].  It can probably slice and
dice your PDF in more ways than you thought possible.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xslfo20-req-20080326/#N66967
[3] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/xslfo20requirements/