Re: How to handle HTML-Data properly in XML Files for XSL-FO Transformation?

On Mon, May 05 2008 16:33:20 +0100, Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com wrote:
> On Mon, May 05 2008 14:48:12 +0100, joerg.battermann.ext@siemens.com wrote:
>> Later on we want to use a normal transformation into .pdf documents by
>> utilizing xsl-fo/stylesheets and a tool like Antenna House but we are currently
>> having a hard time with this. Are there any 'best practices' how to handle html
>> content with xsl-fo transformation?
>
> You haven't made processing easy for yourself.  See Dave Pawson's FAQ
> entry on CDATA [1].
>
> What XSLT version and XSLT processor are you using?

I didn't mean to kill this thread by saying it wasn't easy.

The question about version and processor was because Saxon, at least,
has a saxon:parse() function [1] and other processors may have similar
extensions.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/functions/parse.html