Sanitizing data

From: JohnVirgo <john.virgo@document.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 03:43:23 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

I've got an interesting problem that I'm hoping to solve with XSLT.

Basically I have an XML document inbound which could contain additional
nodes that I do not currently handle in my XSL template; or worst still a
node with multiple child nodes of which I am only expecting a single child

Can anyone give any pointers on the easiest way to trap and identify the
additional data in the source XML that my template does not handle?

I've considered:
* Using XSL debugging commands to throw exceptions, but how to identify
* Pumping out all un-processed data to a single text block at the end of the
FO for visibility. But how can identify un-processed nodes?
* Pre-parse the xml with another XSLT, kind of redundant/not ideal

Thanks, JV
Sent from the w3.org - www-xsl-fo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.