Custom line-break requirement

From: JohnVirgo <john.virgo@document.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 00:49:01 -0800 (PST)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

I've got an interesting problem that I've been struggling to find an answer
to.

I need to produce some text in the form of an address block, which only line
breaks on ',' characters not on ' ' characters.

I.e. Currently I get:
1234 Thingy drive, New York, New
York, Some county, AC 0DE

Where I want address elements to stay together:
1234 Thingy drive, New York,
New York, Some county,
AC 0DE

I've tried several techniques to no avail:
keep-together attribute doesn't seem to have a way to override the logic to
do this.
Inserted a white printable char for each space, still gets treated as a
place to break.
Can't reliably calculate line width of manual breaking with a variable width
font by char count.

Any ideas?

Thanks, JV