Re: Line breaks at a special char

On Tue, Aug 19 2008 11:21:41 +0100, niklas@nockebytryckeri.se wrote:
> Ah, ok, a good start anyway :) Thanks! All I need now is a "space that is not
> a space". If I replace all the spaces with this other "space" then the
> problem is solved. Is there such?

There's more space characters than you can poke a stick at.  See pages
205-206 in http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode5.0.0/ch06.pdf,
available from http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode5.1.0/.

I would like to think that just ZWS would solve your problem, but you
are probably thinking of &#xA0, NO-BREAK SPACE.

>> You could, however, try &#x200B, ZERO WIDTH SPACE, after the potential
>> break characters so the line-breaking algorithm has more to work with.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2