Re: Need the equivalent of "table-supress-header-at-start"

On Wed, Apr 09 2008 19:43:54 +0100, jgriffith@cssi.org wrote:
> I need the complement of the table-omit-header-at-break feature. That is, I
> want to supress a header when the table is created on the first page, but to
> have the header appear after every page break.

When all else fails, fake it!

The attached FO file puts a copy of the table head in the region-before
on the second and subsequent pages (and moves down the top of the
region-body to compensate).

Of course, it introduces the opposite problem: you would now want none
of your tables to start at the top of the page.  Plus it really only
works if all of your tables have exactly the same columns.

As yesterday, there's a section [1] in the current draft XSL 2.0
requirements that may address your need.  I feel like a reality TV
competition host when I say this, but not everything in the current
draft can be expected to make it into the eventual XSL 2.0 spec (not
least because only what is actually implemented can make it in), so
doing the XSL 2.0 requirements survey [2] could help your favourite
feature make it into the final.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xslfo20-req-20080326/#N66223
[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/xslfo20requirements/