Page-sequence vs page-counter

From: Roger <rxt360@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 23:29:40 +0200
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Hello list!

I'm trying to create a PDF with invoices. Each invoice can have
multiple pages and I would like to display the number of pages per
invoice. So a pdf can have 5 pages, first invoice with 3 pages,
second with 2. The first should have 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3, the second 1/2
and 2/2 as page numbers.

I have added a simple page counter, but it doesn't work properly. I
get 1/3, 2/3. 3/3, and then 4/5 and 5/5. I probably can find a way
around this by substracting the total amount of pages for previous
invoices, but I hope it can be done easier.

If I search for solutions I find references to fo:page-sequence. But
if I try to do something with it, the PDF becomes invalid. So I
wonder how I can solve this. I probably don't understand page-
sequence properly. I think I can solve my problem if I understand how
it works.

Thanks for your time!

Roger