question: setting a pdf as the background of another pdf through XML-FO

From: Saladin Sharif <al_zawiah@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:34:50 -0800 (PST)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Hi,
I have a general question regarding XML-FO.  I have a pdf file for an application form.  I don't know how this pdf was originally created, but it was given to us by the client.

Anyway, I would like to use XML-FO to set this pdf application form as the background for my new pdf document, and then overlay ontop that background with text.  This way I can overlay the fields of the application form with data (i.e. populating the application form with data).  I would like to know if this is something that is even possible with XML-FO.

I was not sure if this way the right place to ask this question, or whether I should ask this question in the Apache FOP mailing list.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
-Saladin