Re: Embbeded postscript in xsl fo

I'm not aware of any FO implementation that has a full PostScript
interpreter built-in, because that's just what you'd need to do cover
your requirement. FOP doesn't have one. What FOP can do is embed an EPS
graphic in a PDF. This image will never be shown in Acrobat Reader but
it would be printed if sent to a PostScript printer and if the
respective setting in Acrobat is enabled. But that feature has been
deprecated starting with PDF 1.4 and it's probably not what you want.

I see a couple of possible work-arounds:
- Use Adobe Illustrator (or a similar tool) to convert the PostScript
into SVG. That's a manual process.
- Use GhostScript to convert the PostScript to TIFF or PNG. This can
easily be automated but you already found pstoedit which uses
GhostScript so you probably tried that already.