Re: Antwort: Re: [xsl-fo] : Does FO support reusable style definition, similar to CSS?

However, attribute sets were invented to create a "container" for a
collection of style attributes that can be managed/modified together.  It
is important to remember that XSLT provides the front-end computational
capability to manage the information that contributes to the layout
funcitionality.

Sharon

Sharon C. Adler
 Senior Manager, Extensible Technologies
 IBM Research
 PO Box 704, Yorktown Heights, NY  10598
 tel:  914-784-6411 t/l 863
 fax: 914-784-6324

Olaf Wentzien <olaf.wentzien@ppi.de>
Sent by: www-xsl-fo-request@w3.org
07/06/2007 03:45 AM

www-xsl-fo@w3.org
cc

Subject
Antwort: Re: [xsl-fo] : Does FO support reusable style definition, similar
 to CSS?

Hi Sol & -ml-,

that's truly the right way  to do it. If you want some more code savings
and ease of maintenance
you additionally may define and use some variables as for instance:

             <xsl:variable name="bigfont">20pt</xsl:variable>
             <xsl:variable name="smallfont">13pt</xsl:variable>

                 <xsl:template match="heading">
                                 <fo:block font-size="{$bigfont}">
                                                 <xsl:apply-templates/>
                                 </fo:block>
                 </xsl:template>

                 <xsl:template match="content">
                                 <fo:block font-size="{$smallfont}">
                                                 <xsl:apply-templates/>
                                 </fo:block>
                 </xsl:template>

If you like, put all the variables you need in an extra xsl-document,
which you than can import in
a lot of other stylesheets.

Regards / Olaf