Re: fo:table border thickness

From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 16:37:21 +0100
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

On Fri, Jul 06 2007 13:01:20 +0100, alikhan1977@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm using version 0.93.

Presumably that's FOP 0.93.

> I have problems with some of the cell border parts coming out thicker than
> others on pdf's and paper-prints. Anyone come across this ?

Is what you are seeing just a result of the thinness of your lines?

For example, 0.5pt at 300 dpi is a little over two dots in width.  Is
the problem that the placement of the thin lines onto the grid used by
either your PDF software or your printer resulting in, for example,
two-and-a-bit dots width being rendered as sometimes two dots wide and
sometimes three dots wide?

Regards,

Tony Graham.
Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com   http://www.menteithconsulting.com

Menteith Consulting Ltd             Registered in Ireland - No. 428599