FopFactory throws exception

From: Ken <tuxgig@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:37:44 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
I copied some code from Apache to see how to use FOP from Java. When i call FopFactory.newInstance(), I get the following:

  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/ConfigurationException
      at com.boeing.lsw.asot.reports.RunFOP.outputPdf(RunFOP.java:146)
      at com.boeing.lsw.asot.reports.RunFOP.main(RunFOP.java:201)

  To add icing on the cake, Avalon is old technology that's no longer supported. I have the latest fop.jar. Can anyone help?

  Thanks,
  Ken