how to assign fo:page-number to a xsl:variable or how can i refer a page

From: jyotsna (sent by Nabble.com) <lists@nabble.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:43:43 -0800 (PST)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

hi
    my requiremnt is generating consecutive numbers(Line numbers for a PDF )
here content is dynamic so pagecount will change,here i have
<fo:page-number> for refering a page but i can't put or assign to a
variable.and i have <fo:page-number-citation> how can i use these tags to
refer a page.here the problem is we do not know how many numbers we have to
generate its all basing on no of pages <xsl:fo> generates,so how can i
assign <fo:pagenumber> to a <xsl:variable>.for generating line numbers i can
use <xsl:number> but i do not have any corresponding node in the xml file,so
there is no possibility of using this tag.is there any way to refer a page
in Pdf.<fo:page-number>,<fo:pagenumber-citation> these are there but for
printing purpose only  we can;t put these values into a <xsl:variable >

Thanks in advance
Jyotsna.g
Sent from the w3.org - www-xsl-fo forum at Nabble.com.