Stretching table cells vertically to fit page

From: Lester Ward <lward@rentec.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:41:33 -0400
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

I have a page that is laid out in sections similar to the following:

+---+ +----------------+
|   | |       C        |
|   | +----------------+
|   | +----------------+
|   | |                |
| A | |                |
|   | |                |
|   | |                |
|   | |       D        |
+---+ |                |
+---+ |                |
|   | |                |
|   | |                |
| B | +----------------+
|   | +----------------+
|   | |       E        |

The width of ALL sections is fixed.
The height of ALL sections is unknown (i.e. based on data)

Sections A, C and E scale vertically to fit their data.

Sections B and D rarely have enough data to fill the page, but I want the height of those
sections to grow to fill the page. I've tried things like adding a cell to the end with
100% height and so on but nothing seems to work. I cannot use absolute heights, because
the heights of the other sections are not fixed.

There has got to be a way to do this simple thing with FO, but I can't seem to make it
work. Any advice?