Re: Using url as the fop?xml= parameter

From: Mazza, Glen <glen.mazza@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:13:27 -0500
To: "'www-xsl-fo@w3.org'" <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

Hello Eain,

Your needs are beyond the scope of FOP's command-line interface, at this
stage an actual Java program would probably be of most help.

This program is probably very close to what you need:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/examples/embedding/java/embedding/
ExampleXML2PDF.java?rev=1.3&view=auto

Note that the StreamSource object used in the sample file above is good with
both files and URL's:
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/apidocs/javax/xml/transform/stream/StreamSourc
e.html

Finally, for FOP-specific questions such as these, the FOP-USER list is
probably the better forum.  Information on subscribing is on our web site at
http://xml.apache.org/fop.

Thanks for using FOP!

Glen

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a way to specify a url as the ?xml= parameter of
fop.  I have access, over the web, to an exist xml database and I am
developing a query interface for it and I would like to be able to provide
users with a .pdf of the xml file once it has been made pretty with an
appropriate xsl, but the only way I have of getting the xml file is from a
url of the type http://servername:8080/exist/xmldb/db/another/test.xml.

Can anyone help?
Eain